Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Someone Gets It

Over the last several years I have watched Scrubs and have laughed. I read on the Internet yesterday that the series will end at the end of this season. All good things must come to an end, I guess. As I watched this last week's episode it touched on an interesting thought that I have had before. J.D. (Zach Braff) decided to move to be closer to his son, which meant he was now 37 minutes away from his best friend. They thought it would be no big deal. But when it actually came down to it, his friend Turk realized it was more like over an hour round trip. I remember thinking when we moved to Salt Lake from Provo or from Mission Viejo to Thousand Oaks that I would still be able to keep my friends. It wasn't like I was moving out of state, right? Wrong. In every case those who I thought were my good friends ceased to be friends at all. Why does it have to be? I really feel that Scrubs (minus the sexual innuendos in the episode) was able to get what I have felt in the past. Someone does get it.

5 comments:

carly said...

oh brother. you are too funny. i guess it all comes down to effort, from both parties. you have to really want to stay in touch. really want it. thats at least what i've learned.

Ross Family said...

We also love scrubs and will be sad to see it go!

Laura said...

Um. Sometimes one party is busy adjusting to married life and the other party is busy being a flake.

Can I still be your friend?

Diamond Evans said...

I am bummed that they are going off the air. Now what am I going to do with my time.

Laura said...

I was being facetious, by the way.
And as long as we're on the subject, did you know "facetious" is one of only two words in the English language with all 5 vowels in it- in order? (The other is abstemious... I'll use that one next time I comment on your blog.)