Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some Thoughts

A while back, my friend Aaron turned me on to the BYU speeches podcast. Recently, Elder Kim B. Clark of the Seventy and President of BYU-Idaho gave a powerful talk called Are Ye Stripped of Pride? I took it as a call to reflection. Take a look, a listen, or a read if you get the chance.

Also, Elder Scott said something in his October conference talk that I only caught on a later hearing and which meant a lot to me: "I witness that as you gain experience and success in being guided by the Spirit, your confidence in the impressions you feel can become more certain than your dependence on what you see or hear." In my work, we are encouraged to trust our five senses only, and yet much of what I know to be true about the gospel comes from those impressions of the Spirit to which Elder Scott referred. I can't explain some of what I know without going beyond the five senses.

Anyway, Happy Sunday! We enjoyed our trip to PA, and photos and story will follow soon.

No comments: