Sunday, September 13, 2009

Miracles

Always our little miracle.


"Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are Gods of miracles. Miracles happen every day, we just have to let them." - Sister Rawson Michigan Detroit Mission

We attended Stake Conference today. It can be a long day for us as it is almost an hour each way to get there and then so we don't end up in the way far back we got there nearly 45 min early. Landon was expired by the time it was done. He lay asleep on the bench. The theme of the Conference was Joseph Smith and there were some very nice talks given. The talk however that touched me was the talk given by Sister Rawson. Sister Rawson is the wife of the mission president. When she started her talk she stated that the Spirit told her that she needed to speak of something different today and so she spoke of miracles. I think the biggest thing I got out of it was looking at all the miracles around me and what could happen if we let them.

I have been occasionally following a pianist from Utah named Paul Cardall and his struggle with needing a heart transplant. It was wonderful to run across his blog and find that he had received one.

I think about my brother and what seems to a pretty fortunate situation he is in while in Iraq. I believe that Heavenly Father has heard some of our prayers.

As we walked around Greenfield Village yesterday (yes, we went there, again) I marveled at the beauty of the day. 75 degrees without a cloud in the sky, green grass, and a hint of fall in the air. What a miracle the day was and to share it with friends topped it off.

We received our 1000 pass along cards this week. Yesterday I got the guts up to start passing them out. Boy, was it a bit nerve racking to hand them to the bank ladies and the pharmacist. They were all willing and loved the cards, which helped. Today, at Stake Conference I took the time to make sure those in the stake whom we know received card. They were all willing as well why was I scared? Probably for the unknown. I know that however and whenever we find our child it will be a miraculous moment and I want to be open and prepared for that.

Some this week did not receive their miracles and I am so sorry to hear of your struggles and loss. I think of the Bodily Family and as the waiting continues for the Redfern Family. Our prayers will be with each of you as you continue in your struggles but remember Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ they are what get us through.


2 comments:

Lila said...

I love that you bear your testimonies so often. very inspirational ;) glad you had such a great day. Lila

disabilitydiva said...

Thank you for sharing your miracles in your life. God does hear every one of your prayers!! You are still in ours. Send me some of your pass a long cards!!