Friday, January 16, 2009

Great Idea! Not!

I had a wonderful cozy idea for date night tonight. Thought we would go get us some Olga's Kitchen to go and then watch a movie curled up under the blankets on the couch. When we woke up this morning and turned on the talk radio station ( we listen to a lot more talk radio since getting rid of the television ) we heard all of the schools basically in southeast Michigan were closed. "Why?" I asked. Mike said it was because it was too cold/dangerous to send them. I said then we are not going to Olga's Kitchen for date night. So my fine idea is not so fun anymore. One of the first things I did when getting on the Internet was look at the temperature, and weather.com says it is -6 outside. 
That did not include the windchill. They say with the windchill it feels like -28. Landon and I have not been outside since Monday, and it is getting a little bit old to say the least. I took a picture of our thermometer outside but it only read 0 . It is either broken or... it is plain too cold to read any lower.

Send your warm thoughts our way! Thank goodness I know our good old house (1913) can stand this kind of weather.

2 comments:

carly said...

i do not wish that coldness on anyone! good luck

Riley and Breanne said...

Holy cow! That is way too cold!!