Thursday, September 11, 2008

Juanita Cash and Great Big Sea in Ann Arbor

Before I start off with the fun I have to add another sad note. Yesterday, my dear great auntJaunita Cash passed away. She is the last of my Grandpa Ace Landon's siblings. She supported me and my family at many of our special events. Her wisdom and love will be missed, and I know that she has been greeted with open arms by all of her siblings, her husband, and most importantly our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. All my love and sympathy go to her family.


Da b'ys ("the boys," AKA Great Big Sea) made a stop in Ann Arbor just for us and a few hundred of their close friends for a grand old kitchen party at the Michigan Theater.

I wasn't so sure I really wanted to go to the concert anymore. I had spent the last week in California with family and it was a wonderful time, but I was so happy to be home and I did notwant to leave Landon again. I spent so much on the tickets that I couldn't not go so away we went. Mike and I dropped Landon off at our friends' house in Novi, MI. He did not eve look twice when we set him down he crawled away and had a BLAST! Their kids loved him and I am so grateful. After dropping him off we headed to Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor. We saw a bit about it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network. We made it through the line without getting yelled at and really enjoyed our food. The theater that Great Big Sea played at was about a mile away. Seeing how full the theater was started to get me pumped up for what could be a great night. The bottom line really is that the music was AWESOME, my (Hallie's) knees were not so hip on all the jumping and dancing, we met some nice folks, and I am very glad we went. Next time they come (if there is one), Landon is coming with. It was so much fun singing at the top of my lungs, dancing, and just letting all of the stresses of life go with the music.

1 comment:

carly said...

love aunt juanita! and her scones! but i'll keep making her casserole...maybe i'll post that on the recipe blog in rememberence of her!