Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine His and Hers

Diamond noticed that we have not posted very often lately, so it’s a good thing Aimee tagged me for Valentine’s Day. This “his and hers” list is just like 25 things about me, except there are pre-decided questions and it's about me AND my spouse. And of course, I tag people.

1. What are your middle names? Michael’s is Aaron, and mine is Brook. We thought keeping Brook would be funny because then my monograph is HBO, which is a lot more fun than HMO.
2. How long have you been together? Married ten years and 3 weeks. We have known each other for about ten years 3 months and 3 weeks.
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? Met on Tuesday, first date Saturday, and the rest is ten years 3 months and 3 weeks.
4. Who asked who out? Mike asked me out after a long flirty conversation after Institute class.
5. How old are each of you? I’m 33 and he’s a geezer (35).
6. Whose siblings do you see the most? Mine.
7. Do you have any children together? One, Landon.
8. What about pets? None. After watching our neighbors walk their dogs in below zero conditions, we figured no pets while we live here.
9. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? How about a close second? Mike’s time as a grad student.
10. Did you go to the same school? Nope.
11. Are you from the same town? Nope.
12. Who is the smartest? Mike, hands down.
13. Who is the most sensitive? I am. I’m surprised my tear ducts have not dried out from over-use.
14. Where do you eat out most as a couple? We don’t eat out much. We get take out from Chipotle in Troy whenever Mike has something going on at the stake center or the temple.
15. Where is the farthest you have traveled as a couple? Argentina. We spent two months there in 2002 when Mike had an internship.
16. Who has the craziest exes? Me.
17. Who has the worst temper? That depends. I am quicker, but Mike’s runs deeper.18. Who does the cooking? That depends. Mike mostly does breakfast, and I mostly do the other two. For special meals, we work together.
19. Who is more social? Me. Mike’s calling and job have forced him to put himself out there.
20. Who is the neat freak? Neither of us. Mike gets antsy about the clutter first.
21. Who is more stubborn? Mike.
22. Who hogs the bed? Bed or covers? We share the bed pretty well, but Mike ends up with all the blankets in the morning.
23. Who wakes up earlier? Landon. Mike’s a close second.
24. Where was your first date? Hole-in-the wall pizza joint, movie, visit to Mike’s condo, helping prepare for a YSA dance, my parent’s house, back to the dance (it lasted 12 hours).
25. Who has the bigger family? We're even: 3 siblings each.
26. Do you get flowers often? Not often enough. I have taken to buying my own on sale at Aldi or TJ’s.
27. How do you spend the holidays? We trade off every other year here and down to California, where both sets of parents live.
28. Who is more jealous? Neither of us.
29. How long did it take to get serious? One date.
30. Who eats more? Depends on the day.
31. Who does the laundry? Early in our marriage, I did. Mike took over for the time we lived in Salt Lake. Now it’s back to me.
32. Who is better with the computer? Mike.
33. Who drives when you are together? Depends. Mike frequently drives, but it’s not a set rule.

OK, Michelle L., Christine A., and Bettina G.: Tag! You're it!

No comments: