Monday, August 11, 2008

Long Overdue

Oh boy! Is this blog entry long overdue. A lot of things have happened since either one of us have written. You can skim the craziness we don't expect you will read all of the boringness really.

Car Troubles: Grandma's Buick has done us well. Never any problems. That was until now. They are not big problems but little ones that keep sneaking up on us. On Saturday the 2 we went to Greenfield Village. The Spirit prompted us to take the side roads home and we are sure glad we did. A little more than half way home we had a flat tire. Our friend Jayne, her son Josh, and his friend and ours Brandon came and helped us. Mike was able to get the spare on and got us home. Phewf! On Monday the 4 Mike took the car to Costco and they were able to repair our problem and did not charge us. Yeah!!!! Then he took the car to Jiffy Lube. And that is all I will say about that. Wednesday I had to go meet with the Stake President as they finally made my FSA Co-Chair job a calling and he set me apart. I am glad to have that accomplished. On the way home the car started overheating and the brakes were making an awful noise. Mike got home from being at the temple with the Branch a while later and notice there was no coolant in the car. Duh Jiffy Lube! So he and a member of the branch fixed that. Mike then on Thursday took the car in to a repair shop and they fixed the brakes that day. Went to Indiana and all was well. I then drove to Costco on Tuesday to get gas and do some errands and the car wouldn't start at the gas station. Everyone helped out so much by honking at me, thanks! A nice man came over after the man at Costco pushed the car to the side. He jumped the car for me and I drove home the long way. No luck when I tried to start the car later that day it was still dead. Mike took it in to be fixed on Thursday, changed the battery and now all is well.

Indiana: Hallie taught her first class at the Regional FSA Conference in Indianapolis. She really enjoyed teaching and her class was full. The weather was perfect in Indiana and the drive was fun. We love going to places we have never been too before. On the way home we stopped by a small town called Chelsea, MI and bought Landon a bear with a T-Shirt that we made that said, "Adoption It's About Love" in red, yellow, and blue. He looks so cute with his bear. While in Indiana he went in a swing for the first time. He wasn't so keen going one direction but loved the other direction. He is so funny.

Swimming: Today Landon wore his swimsuit for the first time! Mike and I took him into a little kids pool at a local park. It was a little chilly outside but when he could be in the water crawling around he loved it. In all honesty we need to put him in more, and we hope to do that before the pools close for the season.

Olympics: The Olympics are addicting to me. I love watching almost anything that the U.S. is competing in. Having a DVR is probably the most addicting part. We had so many hours recorded we had to just start deleting things without watching them. I love our National Anthem and I wish more of our atheletes knew the words and would sing along.

Adventures: Our new favorite place to go to is The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Since buying our passes just over a month ago we have been at least 4 times. It is beautiful and fun. The last time we went was this past Monday. The second Monday of every month is called Macy's 2nd Mondays and this month it was at Greenfield Village. I am linking you to my friend Michelle's blog as she captured our trip there perfectly. I am actually jealous of her blog it is so dang cute and so is her family. So check out her entry regarding our trip http://themichiganders.blogspot.com/2008/08/greenfield-village.html and see how dang cute Landon and Mike are while you are there. Landon loves to ride on Mike's shoulders and I love watching him eat Mike's hair. Landon goes everywhere with us and is such a great sport. We are so very blessed to have him in our lives. We look forward to all of our future adventures with him.

Have a great week whoever reads this blog and hopefully we can post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I am so sorry about your car! Car troubles are the worst!!! I grew up with a dad who liked to buy used cars and they always had problems so we always got stuck somewhere.
I am so glad you guys had a great time in Indiana. I am sorry we missed your class because I love hearing you speak! Your awesome!!!

~kamie~ said...

What class did you teach? We attended the FSA conference in SLC and it was amazing. I love adoption!

I love the Olympics! :)

Of course I still read your blog, I have been a slacker in commenting lately, but I love hearing about your family! Thanks for posting! :)