Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Little Disheartened, But Yet Excited!


So we met with our social worker at LDS Family Services a few weeks ago. No one has looked at our profile as of yet. I am still waiting for the man above to show me why we are going through all of this. After church today I have decided at least for the day that I don't have a lot of patience. I guess it was just one of those days. The longer you wait for a child the more comfortable you get with not having any.
The excitement for us is the time away we will have come September. We are extremely busy right now. Mike is working 10 hours for the University of Utah, 40 hours for Upward Bound and doing all of his interviews for his dissertation. I don't see him much. Sundays are hard because I know he will be gone again come tomorrow. We are stuck together at the hip. Come September Mike and I will be going to Yellowstone for the Labor Day holiday. I am so excited about going. I hear so many wonderful things about his natural wonder. I am excited to relax and to take it all in. September 14-28 we will be heading to Newfoundland, Canada. I can't even contain myself when I talk about going. I can't read enough about it or do enough research about going. I wan to see all of the nooks and crannies. I want to meet the friendly people and I want to live the culture. We are gathering childrens books at church to donate to congregations on the island. Today there were so many books I barely made it home with them. A nice girl helped me carry them home. I think it is so great that people have been so willing to donate. I hope they will enjoy them There are some very nice books.
The air is finally working at my job. It was a miserable 3 weeks with no air. Some people who worked upstairs could not handle it. I felt bad for them. Now it works so well we get goose bumps. I will take goose bumps any day.
Well I guess that is all from me for now. I want to go have some ice cream before it is time for bed. Early to bed early to rise is our motto. If you know anyone send them to the link below for our adoption profile. Bye for now.

No comments: