Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tender Mercies dotted with a Book

Hallie's brother gave her the 2010 Greg K. Olsen calendar for Christmas. One of the month's pictures is below entitled Take My Hand. I think it is one of the most beautiful pictures in the calendar. So I decided to look up the print on his website to see how much it would cost. While at the website I saw a poem he wrote to go with the painting. To me the poem was just as beautiful as the painting.


TAKE MY HAND

Take my hand and follow me,
There are things ahead for you to see.

Little wonders are all around,
And tender mercies to be found.

We’ll take our time, no need to run,
Breathe deep the air and feel the sun.

The grass is soft beneath our feet,
Sounds are soothing, the air is sweet.

Sometimes we’ll stop and just be still,
Our hearts will tell us God is real!

Small graces along our path appear,
They let us know that Heaven’s near.

So take my hand anew each day,
The walk is lovely and I know the way.

Greg Olsen -2008

I would really love this picture to be in Landon's room. To top it off after our little one was sitting in a chair until he could become "sweet" I went to get him and said, "what do you say?" and he in turn said, "I Love You" which he had never said before. I just started crying. He said, "Mami crying?" I said, "Yes, but they are happy tears". About a minute later he threw a book at me. Tender Mercies dotted with a book.

1 comment:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

That is a great poem and I love your little story to go with it. You are such a good mom! I love seeing the little guy grow and reading about how your family is doing.